Rodríguez Saá, De Narváez to sign deal

Federal Commitment presidential candidate Alberto Rodríguez Saá announced that he will sign a deal with Udeso Buenos Aires province gubernatorial hopeful Francisco de Narváez, in order to work jointly in the area ahead of the October 23rd elections.
“We need a gubernatorial candidate and he (De Narváez) needs a candidate that will end up second and will enter the runoff,” Rodríguez Saá said, thus considering that Ricardo Alfonsín, Union for Social development presidential contender wouldn’t be able to keep the second place he obtained in the primary elections.
While heading an electoral rally in Rosario, in Santa Fe province, Rodríguez Saá said the deal will be signed publically after technical teams of both political spaces met and proved they are “electorally compatible.”
“We will sign the deal on Friday, in a public matter. Our teams have met and have seen we are very compatible,” Rodríguez Saá added.
The deal between both Peronist sectors will take place after several weeks of negotiating rounds and meetings, and less than a month away of the elections.
Despite that there had already been several meetings between both politicians, the cancellation of Adolfo Rodríguez Saá’s gubernatorial bid paved the way for the deal between the Sant Luis province governor and De Narváez.
In practical terms, the deal will be implemented in speeches and in joint campaign rallies, because the Federal Comittment presidential candidate and the lawmaker won’t be able to share ballot, because the period to register political alliances took place before the primaries.