UDESO presidential candidate Ricardo Alfonsín assured he was “not surprised” after learning that he had come in second after the August 14th primary elections, even though it was rival candidate Eduardo Duhalde who had originally claimed that place.
“We weren’t surprised to come in second place. Our polling station officials had already assured that and the final amount of votes we obtained could be even higher had the contested ballot boxes in the Greater Buenos Aires area been opened,” he indicated moments after Interior Minister Florencio Randazzo announced the final results of the elections.
Regarding Interior Minister Florencio Randazzo’s conference on Tuesday in which he engaged in a heated discussion with several journalists, the UDESO presidential candidate said that “his opinions towards the election’s media coverage and the opposition’s fraud accusations were not ideal.”
“The total amount of votes after the final recount is inferior to the real amount, since the contested ballot boxes couldn’t be opened. Meaning their calculations were based on the several telegrams sent from every polling station in the Buenos Aires province, which we questioned,” he stated.
The Radical leader assures that the “anomalies” were detected in over 5 percent of the Buenos Aires polling stations, for which he concluded that “if the recount is done by the electoral justice and not the Executive branch, as the minister said, then the Government has no right to judge whether there was foul play or not.”
Source: Buenos Aires Herlad