Three days ahead of the PASO primaries that will see him competing against Julián Domínguez for the Victory Front (FpV) nomination in the province of Buenos Aires, Aníbal Fernández considered his campaign sought to “tarnish anyone” but to let people know their government plans.
“We worked to make politics and explain our proposal,” Fernández told media this morning upon his arrival at the government house today as reporters queried him about the campaign closure rally he led on Wednesday along with his running mate Martín Sabbatella in the Gran Rex Theatre in Buenos Aires City.
“We arranged a campaign closure rally that had joy and that did not have a mummy-like thing raising doubts, as (actress) China Zorrilla used to say,” the head of ministers said.
“There were some other things down there, with operations and distribution of money to journalists, but we don’t take part in that way of doing politics,” he affirmed as he renewed his condemnation of Civic Coalition (CC) lawmaker Elisa Carrió who put her own house at the service of the TV show to have the interview to one of the accused in the 2008 triple-murder case recorded, one of the two men that involved Fernández in the high-profile crime.
“I don’t accept the dirt in which this lady puts us down to,” the pre-candidate said as he was queried about the arrest of the son-in-law of Héctor “Toty” Flores, Carrió’s running mate.
The son-in-law of Héctor “Toty” Flores was detained yesterday after the police discovered an amphetamine lab in his house. Roberto Andrés Herrera had already been detained for drug-related crimes in 2002 and 2007.
The drug lab is located in La Matanza, Buenos Aires province, and was discovered by security forces during a raid in which 20 kilos of cocaine were seized.
Source: Buenos Aires Herald